Currently there are two Assistant Governor positions vacant for the 2019 – 2020 Rotary year. Should you be interested or know someone who may be interested, please download and complete the Nomination Form. The application must be signed by your club president and then emailed to the Selection Committee firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, only members who served as President of a Rotary Club for a full term are eligible for this position.
DEADLINE for submission is 1 March 2019
As assistant governor, you are the connection between your clubs and the district. The relationships you build with club leaders make Rotary stronger.
What you do
- Visit your clubs regularly: Meet with each club at least once a quarter either in person, by phone, or by web conference. Listening to them enables you to discuss their concerns and needs, and provide information, resources, and advice that will allow them to be more successful.
- Keep the governor up to date on each club’s progress and identify areas that may need attention
- Help club leaders prepare for the governor’s official visit
- Monitor the progress of your clubs toward their goals: After a club visit, report your assessment and feedback through Rotary Club Central. Use this online tool to make sure your clubs are on track with their goals and achievements in areas such as membership, service initiatives, and giving to The Rotary Foundation.
How to prepare
- Help incoming club presidents assess their clubs and develop club goals
- Attend the district team training seminar
- Participate in the presidents-elect training seminar
Resources & reference
- Track each club’s goals and progress in Rotary Club Central
- Take a course in the Learning Center
- Enroll in a webinar
- Check our discussion groups
- District governor and other district leaders
- Regional coordinators
Should you have any questions, please contact DGE Maurice directly at email@example.com